Wednesday, February 13, 2019

It's Valentines Day

It’s Valentines Day - by, Tim Connor

and some women, who have crossed my path - have touched my heart, while others have brought me face to face with my soul, in those quiet moments when I was alone with my hopes and fears - dreams and pain.

Some forced me to shed the protective shell I had spent years erecting for my defense, others, unlocked the door to that mental room where my secret needs and desires lived.

Many passed through quickly without leaving a trace or a memory etched on my mind. Some lingered a while leaving their essence permanently stored in my heart.  And a few, have a special place in the deep recesses of my soul where I can hear their counsel and feel their love.

A few have taught me to love; many to hide, some to share and others to cry, some to withdraw and others to laugh and a very special few to feel and express that which was hidden for so very long.

They taught me the consequences of poor judgment, the joy of birth, the gift of life, and the pain of abandonment.

But through it all, I have come to cherish all the women I have known in my life; their honesty and their expectations, their anger and their sensitivity, their criticism and their passion, their guidance and their love. On this special Valentines Day,

Some of you may be blessed to be in the presence of your one true love.
I wish you happiness and peace as you travel your path to eternity with your special one.

Some, may have recently left a love behind.  To you, I wish a speedy journey through your pain and loneliness, your fear and the tears.

Others of you may be still searching for that one special love.  To you, I wish you an end to your search, that your true love finds you around the next corner of your life.

And finally, to all those who spend your days and nights wondering why you are with a person who; leaves your desires unsatisfied, and an emptiness in your heart, fantasies in your mind and questions in your soul, do not give in, or give up.  Do not settle. 

This life is far too short to spend the hours and the years in quiet inner loneliness.  Only you know the pain that penetrates your every thought, your every dream.

To all of you, I wish you love that lasts and is real, I wish you peace and quiet knowing,  and I wish you joy and satisfaction, on this Valentines Day, and I thank each and every one of you for the blessing you have been in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment