Monday, March 20, 2017

Want to avoid faulure - move to a log cabin in Vermont


Want to avoid failure –

move to a log cabin in Vermont!

Tim Connor

Is it possible to fail consistently and achieve ultimate success?  Ask anyone who has achieved success, however you choose to define it, and I’ll guarantee the common answer will be – YES.

How is this possible? Well, there are two ways to define failure and there are multiple ways to respond to it. But first – from the sources – definitions:

Failure – something that falls short of what is required or expected. A breakdown or decline in the performance of something, or an occasion when something stops working or stops working adequately.

Success - something that turns out as planned or intended. Somebody who is wealthy, famous, or powerful because of a record of achievement. Agree with this one? Personally, I take issue with this definition as it leaves out so many achievements that may not end with wealth, fame or power.

In my world travels over the years speaking in 25 countries I have never met, to this day anyone who was successful who hadn’t experienced failure in some or even many ways during their life or career.

I believe there is only one way to avoid failure and this is to dig a hole and bury yourself in it.

I can’t tell you how many articles and books I have read by people to espouse the concept of avoiding failure or people who say failure is bad or people who say failure is a sign of weakness – blah – blah – blah.  These people are all nuts and I’ll bet any of them who have not failed yet are nowhere near achieving their potential.

It’s simple folks – if you want to succeed you must risk – to take a risk requires that you may make mistakes, make dumb decisions or do stupid things and the result – yes – failure.

I have written two books about failure and hundreds of articles but the bottom line in all of them is this – you can’t succeed without failure in your past.  So, the question remains – do we all define failure the same?  I would doubt it.  Is there a common definition to it – yes – I gave it to you at the beginning of this article.

So, let me ask you – are you failing at anything right now?  If no – what are you waiting for?  If yes – what are you learning?

No comments:

Post a Comment